Monday, September 3, 2007

30 Years in 30 Weeks - edition 1

Alrighty, y'all...here it is! I know there has been so much anticipation leading up to this countdown to my 30th birthday. I can tell from the quiet chirping of crickets in the background.



Here I am...baby Kristi at one month old. Why are old pictures always yellowish? Did they discolor? Anyway...
Since I obviously don't have any memories of being this young, I'll just ramble on about the pictures. When I look at this first picture, I have this voice in my head that kinda sounds like Chandler Bing from FRIENDS that says, "Could you HAVE any more hair?" Seriously, I was born with a bunch. I love that my mom took the time to try to coerce the unruly mess into a cute little curl on top of my head. Probably the only time in history that my hair actually held a curl. I look pretty happy to be having my picture made, right?
And, I couldn't just choose one picture for my first year, so I had to include this one. This is me and my cousin, Kelli. I was roughly 3 months old in this picture, so I guess Kelli was 8 months old. No, I'm not that cute, smooth-haired baby. I'm the one with the Chia Pet on top of my head. Is it likely that girls start having an inferiority complex at such a young age? If so, then it's entirely possible that the laughing at my hair/chubby arms and legs that was inevitably going on had some impact on my self-esteem in future years. I kid! Still, I am still amazed that my hair was so incredibly dark as an infant.
Stay tuned...next week Baby Kristi turns 1!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was shortly after this cute pix, that I began using hair clips to tame this bunch of hair! You can't help but love it!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I can barley remember the day you were born, but I know we came to see you in the hospital-in Huntsville (of course!) And I also recall EVERYBODY oohing and ahhing over that head full of hair!

Anonymous said...

WOW you look just like dad in the first picture!!! I am really shocked at how much you look like him!!! but, you got lucky to not have ears like him, ehhem I do!!!! And you have alot of hair and well, he doesnt!!!! there is no way out of Gothard kids looking like Gothards but (haha) you look just like a Ray Gothard!!! Im very glad that you starting taking after your mom as you got older, im sure she is glad too!!!
Lins