Wednesday, September 12, 2007

30 Years in 30 Weeks - edition 2




Yay! I don't look like I have a crazy monkey on my head anymore! LOL So, here I am at age 1 - or close to it. Looking at this picture, I can definitely see some similarities in Caleb's baby pictures....maybe even a little bit like Cole, too. Since I really didn't have much to say as far as memories, I've asked my mom to be my "guest blogger" for the week. Here's what she had to say:

The first year of life is filled with many milestones, rolling over, crawling, smiling, standing up and walking. This photo of Kristi was taken when she was about 11 months old, you will notice her cute smiling face hasn’t changed much from her earlier photos posted on this site. This picture was taken at Mimi and PamPam’s house in Huntsville. I am confident that her smiling face is evidence of all the love that she was showered with during her first few months of life. When she was only six weeks old I returned to college to finish my last year. I vividly remember the first day I took Kristi to stay with Mimi and PamPam (they were her caregivers while I was in class). Kristi had colic during the first few weeks of life and Mimi assured me that it was because I was a nervous new mother (and she was probably right!). I took Kristi into the house and Mimi was still in her bedroom, she told PamPam—“Tell Lu to bring her (Kristi) in here to me, she can sleep beside me in my bed” and Mimi proceeded to cuddle Kristi back to sleep. Oh for the loving touch of a very special great grandmother, Kristi’s colic ended when I resumed attending class! You know it was thanks to all that special love she received from two very special, now departed ladies—Mimi and PamPam. Kristi’s smiling face today still reflects that special love.

With tears of joy and tremendous motherly love----Mom

Thank you, Mom! Now I'm crying...

1 comments:

Jan said...

Oh goodness, Mama and Daddy are at my house and we just read this and now we are all boo-hooing. Daddy was quick to say "that was my bedroom with the red carpet". You are in good company having Mimi as a babysitter, she kept me until I was 4 and we would eat fish sticks for breakfast (well, we'd get up about 11 but if it's the first meal of the day I think it's still called "breakfast") Thanks Lu for writing that, that was really sweet!