Tuesday, September 18, 2007

30 Years in 30 Weeks - edition 3

Yep, it's a 2-for-1 special today. You get my *bonus* edition and edition 3 on the same day. Lucky you!

So, here I am at my "Mickey Mouse" 2nd birthday party. I guess he was all the rage back then. Mickey Mouse party, I had a Mickey Mouse rocking chair, my favorite book was Mickey Mouse's picnic...I could go on and on. There are a few things that amaze me about this picture:

1. I still can't get over the hair. Kinda makes me glad I have boys and don't have to mess with combing and fixing hair all of the time.

2. It's a party for a two-year-old and the cake still looks good. I honestly don't see any visible signs of fingers being stuck in the icing, etc. I thought I did, but that is some sort of Mickey Mouse decoration on the sides of the cake.

3. That table has been around for a LONG time. Mom just stopped using it as a dining table sometime last year. Good furniture is awesome.

4. Mickey Mouse has really improved his image in the past 30 years!

Just for fun, here's one more picture of me. In this one, I'm almost 2 1/2. I must have been a pretty patient child, because I KNOW my hair doesn't naturally have those cute little curls at the end. I just can't imagine a two-year-old sitting still long enough to let their mother curl their hair. And put a clip in it. Don't you just want to pinch my fat little cheeks? And that pink dress! CUTE! Okay, so part of me is really sad that I won't ever have a little girl to dress up and do "cutesy" things to. It's okay, though. I may not want to play Power Ranger and I don't especially love playing the rough games that the boys play with Chris, but - do you know what I LOVE? When we play super-hero, I get to be "SUPER MOM". :0)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the birthday party picture taken at Aunt Birdie's or at your house on Wilson Road? The curtains are throwing me off, I can't tell where the party was.