Friday, September 7, 2007

Look at what I did!!!

I found a neat storage idea from another blog I read from time to time (Markie's Mom on the left side, if you are interested) and decided to make a scaled-down version for myself. Chris and Caleb took a field trip to Home Depot yesterday and found me the pre-cut pieces of sheet metal. I tacked them up on the wall with small nails. The canisters are Wilton favor boxes with a small piece of sticky magnet on the back. I still need to get some more of the canisters to add my buttons and some more flowers, but that can wait for another day. Now, I have all of my small embellishments sorted by color and hanging next to my desk, rather than in a box. I think it will make me use up more of my stuff since it is more visible. Also, it's shiny and colorful - who doesn't like to look at pretty things? Do you like?



PS - don't be envious of my beautiful wallpaper. It's compliments of our home's previous owner. Yes, we've lived here over 5 years and it has still survived. One day, people, one day....it WILL come down. Oh - and the KRG monogram magnet is not something special I had made just for me - it was the "save the date" for my cousin's wedding and I just trimmed it down since the wedding was in June. :0)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shiney board....so very creative on your part. Since you have all of this free time, maybe you could come up here and help me get organized. As I sit in my office/spare room, I see all kinds of projects that need help. The largest of which is the recycling of clothes. I do really good about going through my clothes and getting rid of anything I have not worn in the past year. I give a lot to a friend, but then......there is the bag that needs to be donated (Lord knows I would not want someone else wearing something so hideaous I would rather give it away to an unknown person than let a friend see that I had such poor judgement)and antoher bag that needs to go to resale (it would include the items that are too "hoochie" for my friend that is a mother of three small children...unless she wants to clean the house in a sparkly outfit, I don't think that these clothes would benefit her). And last, the crap that simply accummulates....it's like one day my desk is cleaned off, then all of the sudden it is covered with bills, empty glasses, Picture CD's, etc. As you can see....I need help. When can I plan on you being here?

Did y'all get the pictures that I sent from Chris and Sharon's wedding? I mailed them from Atlanta, TX....not sure how often the pony express goes through there, so I was just wondering if you got them.

Have a great week! It's always fun to view your lastest updates!