Wednesday, September 26, 2007

30 Years in 30 Weeks - edition 4


1981. I'm about to turn 3 years old in this picture. Take note of this haircut...it's going to follow me around for a LONG time. Seriously, I think I had this exact same hairstyle off and on until I graduated high school. One of my earliest memories is sitting on the countertop in the bathroom while Mom cut my bangs. I'm pretty sure that's how I learned to count. If I remember correctly, it was about 20 snips to trim my bangs. Man! I was a patient child indeed! I can't imagine getting Caleb or Cole (especially!) to sit still for that long.







Fast forward to December of 1981. Sorry for my state of undress in this picture, but I HAD to include it - it has Sherba in it!!! Sherba was my all-time favorite baby doll. She still lives upstairs at my mom's house. Don't tell anyone, but she went to college with me, too. I wasn't attached to her for that long, but my mom secretly snuck her in with some of my clothes that were already packed up. Sherba didn't come out to play much while living in San Marcos, but everytime I got a little homesick it made me feel better to see her. I very vividly remember getting in trouble for writing on Sherba one time (see the marks on her belly?). Mom made me give her a bath. However, I'm not sure if this picture was taken when I was in trouble though...I look pretty happy at the time. I was (am) a very sensitive child, so I'm sure I was bawling the whole time I had to bathe her...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record--it took thirteen cuts with the scissors to trim the bangs. I remember that because I had Kristi count with me on each cut. Isn't motherhood strange--the things we remember and the things we can't! Love ya--Mom