Monday, September 17, 2007

Chef Caleb

Caleb can be a pretty big help in the kitchen sometimes. Most days, he's "little chef", while I get to be "big chef". However, Saturday night, it was his turn to be "big chef" for the first time. I found a fun recipe in a Kraft Food & Family magazine called "Volcano Meatballs". Of course, any conversation you have that includes the words "volcano" and "food", a boy is hooked. He did SO great and we were pleased that his dinner turned out delicious!!!



Here's Caleb rolling out the meatballs. He was a little hesitant at first, but once I assured him it was okay to get dirty when you cook, it was all good. He giggled the whole time!





Next, he stuffed the meatballs with mozzarella cheese cubes. The only hard part of this step was convincing him not to eat the cheese while he had raw meat on his hands. Not to worry, I can be pretty darn convincing at times! "Little Chef" Mommy got to put them in the oven.




Then, he coated each piece of bread with garlic butter for "Little Chef" Mommy to toast. YUM




And here is the finished product! Volcano Meatball Subs! We had salad to go with it, but that wasn't a very exciting picture.





Of course, we can't be in the kitchen without Cole, so here is a picture of what he did to "help out".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caleb, I want to cook with a cookin' hat!

Anonymous said...

I do have to say that i am pretty lucky to have the two cutest boys ever as nepwews!!!! I really like you dedication to your mom and dad!!! it is quite amazing that someone who once had that much hair could eventually have NONE!! I dont even think that paw-paw was ever as bald as dad!!! I showed your blog to colby and he said look your 4 year old nephew can cook better than you!!! Then I probably said something very kind to him because you know my sweetheart self, then he goes chris is lucky, why couldnt i have been with the home eco. teacher sister, all you ever got was a big butt and monkey ears!!!! So thanks sis, not as if i am not already terribly jealous of you, now my bf likes you more than me!!! lol!!! Love you
lins