Monday, September 17, 2007

30 Years in 30 Weeks - *BONUS* Edition

Well, I've thought on and off about posting this special *bonus* edition to my blog. While looking through stacks of pictures to use, I found this one. I'm not 100% sure when it was taken, but judging by the length of my hair, I know that it was somewhere between my 1st and 2nd birthdays. So, it's only fitting that I do this *bonus* now. After much deliberation over what to say, I'm just going to do it. As a preface, let me say that I am a very emotional person (I cry during Disney movies, for Pete's sake). A lot of this post will be directed to my mom and dad...it's a lot of rambling about things I've always wanted to say, but can never verbalize. I also wanted to post this picture to prove to the world (or dozen people that might read this) that my dad DID have hair, once upon a time.



So, I honestly never remember a time when my parents were together. I think that's actually good, given the circumstances - I didn't have anything to "gauge" their relationship against. If someone were to quiz me, I don't know when they got a divorce or even why. Guess what? I don't want to know, either. That's their business. I personally don't think it's anyone's goal in life to have their marriage end. However, I DO think that sometimes it is the best option. I'm thankful that my parents are divorced for many reasons. Sounds crazy, I know. But maybe not.

Mom and Dad,


First of all, I guess I should say thank you for having me. I'm glad I'm here. LOL


Thank you for realizing (at some point) that your relationship just wasn't going to work.


I'm thankful that I didn't have to grow up in a home where one or both of you were unhappy.


I'm thankful that I didn't witness any fights (or was too young to remember).


Thank you for never talking badly about each other in front of me. I realize this may have been hard at times.


Thank you for moving on (and, in some cases, again and again - LOL). If you hadn't there are some pretty important people that wouldn't be in my life today....more specifically, Ben, Sarah, Lindsey, Shane and Sandy.


Thank you for accepting the "new lives" that you both went on to have. I truly feel like I have one, big happy family.


Most importantly, I wouldn't be the person I am today if all of this hadn't happened. And I'm pretty dang happy with the life I have.




I love you both!!!


0 comments: