Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My mom would have FREAKED!!!


Yes, that's a bird. And, yes, that bird is INSIDE my house. At 7:00 in the morning!!! If you know me, I don't normally like to wake up that early. But when you hear frantic fluttering over your head IN YOUR BEDROOM - you tend to wake up very fast!!! I'm sure we were a funny sight. Chris was off yesterday so he got up at around 7am. He went to the bathroom and when the toilet flushed, this bird starts freaking out and flew into our bedroom, over my head and found a "safe spot" between our dresser and the wall. I jumped out of bed thinking I was in the middle of a remake of the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "The Birds". Chris was trying to throw a towel over the bird in order to catch him. No luck - the bird took off for the living room. Our hallway/living room/entry way/dining room/kitchen/laundry is one big open flight area for the crazed bird - no doors - just open skies. We were swinging towels, brooms, shrieking - whatever we could do to get that thing out of the house. Poor bird even flew smack dab into the mirror on our mantel a few times. (Must have hurt, but looked pretty funny) Finally, Chris caught it in a towel and released it in our backyard. We think it came in through our chimney. Amazingly, we did all of that without waking up the boys. I've only found bird poop in two spots so far.

Speaking of poop...I think Cole managed to secretly eat another crayon last week. Evidently it was "marine blue" or some other pretty variation of blue-green. Very nice color choice. No, I didn't take a picture. You're welcome. :0)

This past weekend was an all-inclusive trip to Nana and Pop's house. I highly recommend it. Comfortable beds, delicious food and amazing kids programs. Seriously, we went to visit, pick up tables for my garage sale, and they watched the boys while I went to IGNITE training on Saturday. Saturday night was a bonus, because we got to meet up with the Reynolds/Ingersoll clan at Chuy's for Aunt Margaret's (AKA 21-year-old "Panchita" per Chuy's waitstaff) birthday dinner. YUM. It was so fun and Caleb really enjoyed spending some time with JR. Jan looks so cute with her twin-baby-belly! I can't believe we are going to have two more boys in the family!!! After dinner, the kids enjoyed some fun time at Chuck E. Cheese. It was a blast!!! Cole really liked riding in the Chuck E. car. Good times.

Last night, we went to "Main Event" (think older version of Chuck E. Cheese, but not quite Dave & Busters) for Andrew's birthday party. Caleb got to bowl for the first time. The bowling balls were still a bit heavy for him, but he managed to do just fine. They had a nice room set up for us and then the kids (and by "kids", I also mean the "Daddy" version) got to play in the game area and win some prizes. Two of Caleb's three "prizes" managed to break within five minutes of getting home. One of my former students from Creekside Intermediate was our "hostess" for the night. Here are a few pictures...







OH! One more exciting thing at our house!!! Caleb has his first loose tooth! I almost didn't believe him at first - but is really loose. He keeps saying, "Can you believe my tooth is loose???"


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I would have gone into labor if a bird was flying around our house!I can tell you I would have been no help; I would have just stood around screaming!
2. Thanks for the "cute" comment, although I think the more accurate description is "large", but "cute" certainly makes my day!
3. I'm going to keep Caleb's loose tooth a secret. JR would go crazy trying to pull all his teeth out. He wants to loose a tooth so bad he can hardly stand it! Way to go Caleb!