Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A vacation from reality

You know, it's funny how easy it is to get bogged down in the reality of life. This morning, I remembered that I forgot to take the clothes from the dryer last night and how they are probably nice and wrinkled now. Around lunchtime, I was griping about how an unattended sippy cup had leaked some milk on my couch. An hour ago, I was stressing out over how to update a resume after being a stay-at-home mom for the past two years...oh yeah, and figuring out which bills need to be paid tomorrow. A few short minutes ago, I was muttering under my breath as my kids continued to track back and forth from the backyard across my freshly cleaned floor. Then something happened. My freckled-face boy came running up asking me to help him button up his shirt and did I want to go to "Hou-waii" with him? I giggled and peeked into the living room. My milk-stained couch is loaded up with random (wrinkled) clothes and toys and pillows and blankets. I'm informed it's a boat and they need me to help them get to "Hou-waii". So, if you'll excuse me, I must go pick up my wooden spoon oar....it's a long way to row.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better get to rowing! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to go to Hou-waii myself! MR

Anonymous said...

Was there room in the boat for me? I'd love to go to Hou-waii--and get away from this TAKS testing! Love, Nana