Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vacation Recap

Well...Chris' vacation has come to a close. We didn't do any world travelling. We didn't ride any fantastic roller coasters. We didn't even get to take the bluebonnet pictures. BUT we did have a good time and got a lot of stuff crossed off the "to do" list! And, of course, we hung out at the little league ballpark a few days.

But here's something I bet a lot of you haven't done:




That's right, folks. We stayed at the TeePee Motel. Of course, Caleb thought it was great because it was "just like the Cozy Cone in Radiator Springs" (Cars). FYI, these are in Wharton. Chris' mom and her friend, Roger, came up to fish on the Colorado River (which, by the way, the Wharton-ites are pretty oblivious to) so we met them there. Chris met them Tuesday morning and spent half of the day "fishing for bait" - which he so eloquently described as looking for the boat ramp. Later that evening, I drove the boys down there after Caleb's t-ball game. Caleb stayed there to fish with them and Cole and I spent the next two days preparing for what was to come next...

Yep...we spent all of this past weekend repainting our living room and entryway. The picture above is in our entryway and I think I effectively used up all of my extra "honey-do" points on this one. We had finally finished painting everything and I decided I wanted a rectangle painted on the wall to help "transition" into the living room (which is now two-tone brown - the brown you see here is above our chair rail with a darker brown below). I heard lots of muttering under his breath as he measured, taped, re-measured, cut trim, re-measured, etc., but he got it done and I'm so happy with the results! Good job, honey!

So, no, we didn't have a vacation that others dream about, but it was GOOD. I'll leave you with my new all-time favorite "loves of my life" picture from last week...






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey the teepees look like fun.
The hall treatment looks good. and I love the closing pix! Mom

Jan said...

JR asked if he we could go stay in the teepees sometime!

Anonymous said...

The teepee's were on Traveling Texas the other night. They were rotting down and a man won the lottery and his wife wanted him to buy them and fix them up so he did. That's a cute picture of "the guys". love, Queen of little known facts