Thursday, May 8, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

It seems like kids always come up with the wittiest remarks. Take today for example. You must note that I've just been in a kinda "blah" mood all week - just letting everything pile up on me and being in a less-than-great mood. (Thanks, Mom, for the card...it helped brighten my day some.) Anyway. Y'all know that Caleb is a talker. Today, he was in an extremely chatty mood and I was just tired of listening to it. Here's how it went down:

Me: Caleb, do you think you can be quiet for a little while?

Caleb: Oh....I don't knoooooow. That's going to be kinda tough.

Reminder - if you ask a five-year-old a question, you may not like the answer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Kids are so honest with their answers, aren't they? ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! MR

Jan said...

That's too funny! I can totally hear him saying that.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Caleb does not know the definition of quiet. But his words are usually a blessing! Love ya...Mom