Monday, March 3, 2008

Wallowing in self-pity


I hope none of you made bets on me winning the Gann Weight Loss Challenge. Barring some major stomach virus that miraculously only affects me, I'm toast. I'm not giving up, but let me just say that Chris is totally kicking my butt. And it makes me so mad. I drink nothing but water. I count every single calorie that goes in my mouth. I've consulted several different resources to see how much I should be consuming each day. I don't eat after 7:30 at night. I eat as soon as I wake up to kick-start my metabolism. I work out six days a week. I've started running (which I still hate) - either outside or on our elliptical machine. I've done pilates, cardio kickboxing, core resistance, cardio "bounce" (on a resistance ball), hip-hop cardio, bellydancing and even tried afro-latin dance. If you count listening to Creedence on the MP3 player while running, I've even done "Sweating to the Oldies". Result to date? Chris - 20 pounds, Kristi - 6 pounds. Yes, I'm still the same as 3 weeks ago...thanks for asking.

3 comments:

Lu said...

Isn't that the luck of the male! You make me tired just reading about all of your exercise. Hang in there! Love ya lots...Mom

Anonymous said...

But I bet you've lost inches, go try on some of your jeans and see how much looser they are!

Anonymous said...

I'm tired just reading all of that. I think you must have made 14 pounds of muscle. Margaret