Thursday, March 27, 2008

30 Years in 30 Weeks - Have you mailed my presents yet??? ;0)

In keeping with recent tradition, I bring you a picture suitable for the present time of year. Not only am I excited about my birthday, but I am SUPER excited that baseball season is literally around the corner!!! So this was 2006 and that's Baby Cole making my jersey buttons pop. Also in this picture is a co-worker of mine from CBHS (her daughter was also in my Apparel class) and Junction Jack - the Astros mascot. For the record, I had good reason to call in sick that day...I had to take the 3-hour glucose test that morning. By far, that was one of my favorite baseball games EVER. (1) It was Opening Day (2) Roy O. was pitching (3) We won (4) the NL Pennant was unveiled and (5) We had AMAZING tickets on the first row behind the bullpen (and, man, can those pitchers throw hard!). I even made a whole scrapbook to remember that day...ask me to show it to you some day. Speaking of baseball, I need to leave a message here for my Dad, who is out of the Astros viewing area most of the time....those of you that don't care....skip on ahead.


Dad,

*The new Bourn guy looks pretty good. Pretty fast and a good base stealer...although not as speedy as Taverez was.

*Still unsure of how the pitching will all work out. As it stands, rotation is Roy O, Backe, Chacon and Sampson. As far as I've heard, 5th spot in the rotation is not set and Woody Williams looks like poo lately (crappy 10.70 ERA for Spring).

*Kaz Matsui (2nd base) will be out for a little while recovering from surgery (unrelated to baseball)

*Not that this impacts the game, per se, but Lance Berkman has pork-chop like sideburns right now. Pretty dang funny.

*Jose Cruz, Jr. looks to be the real deal. (.355 avg)

*Pence, of course, looks good too. (.385)


I guess I should talk a little more about things other than baseball....


Back to me. Okay, so things went good and Cole was born on the day before Mom's 50th birthday. (Which is my cousin, Jan's, anniversary of her 25th birthday - LOL) After a little thought, Chris and I decided that I would quit teaching for a while and stay at home with the kids. Suburban Houston day-care is pretty expensive...not to mention for two children!


That summer also brought another milestone....my High School 10 year Reunion! We had a small crowd (okay, I didn't graduate with *that* many people), but it was tons of fun. For good measure (and my HS friends that are reading this), I'll add a few pics from the Reunion, too...




Okay, guys...only 3 1/2 more days!!!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Love the shout out about my 25th birthday!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the trip down memory lane--(class mates 10 years later). Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about baseball, but I do KNOW it's your and Big John's birthday Monday so Happy Happy from both of us. M & J