Tuesday, March 18, 2008

30 Years in 30 Weeks - almost there!!!


Yep - you get another Easter picture because (a) I'm too lazy to find another picture of me (they are few and far between at this point anyway) and (b) Easter is THIS COMING WEEKEND - duh!

Anyway, Easter of 2005 was a little chilly - hence the sweatshirt. Caleb was finally old enough to fully understand the joys of the Easter Egg hunt - I mean, who really wants to slow down long enough for a photo op with Mom when there is candy to be found??? Chris FINALLY got promoted to Co-Manager in 2005. It was a LOOOONG wait. I'm not overly "preachy" on the subject, but I will say that I'm 95% sure that he was a victim of reverse-discrimination for a long time. Anyway, he got promoted and what's done is done, right?

I continued with the blood work to monitor my hormone levels for several months. By the end of April, I got lucky and only had to go in once a month instead of every other week. By now, the lab tech and I were on a first name basis. Geez...I even stayed a little longer after one appointment to help her choose the new flooring for her house. LOL That Spring, my dear friend, Cara, came to my rescue work-wise. I loved the campus and faculty I was at, but I REALLY did not like teaching 7th and 8th graders. They drove me batty. Anyway, Cara called me and let me know there would be a high school opening in the Fall and I quickly put my transfer application in. Hallelujah! That August, I ended up being a travelling teacher - I taught 2 classes at CBHS in the morning, drove to CLHS and finished my day up there. It was fantastic. Neither school really *knew* me because I wasn't there full time AND I got an extra class period off for travel (plus I got paid mileage in between!). It was a pretty sweet deal. I finished my blood work up in September and then returned to my doctor's office at the end of October to confirm that our family would be growing again! YAY! I was overly cautious for a while and didn't say a word to anyone (well, except Chris of course) until almost Thanksgiving. At first, my levels were a little high, but my doctor is fantastic and I had two early ultrasounds to assure that everything was okay.

Stay tuned...in case you're counting, my birthday is only 13 short days away. If you live very far from me, you might want to be putting those gifts/large checks/well-concealed cash envelopes in the mail soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just 12 days until your birthday--its sound like 10 year old, counting the days--I'm sure the excitement is the same. But really I have been blessed to have you in my life for 30 years--you are a great daughter I love you! Mom

Jan said...

You'll have to tell me what it's like being 30 since I keep turning 25 every year! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I love your ramblings, maybe because I remember most of the happenings or at least have heard about them. I know you all are looking forward to the big Easter celebration at Nana's and Pop's. I can't wait to give Phyllis her Grammy book. Got to talk to her just a minute - she is REAL excited!

Lu said...

Oh my--have you checked Jan's challenge on the hat contest? This is going to be very interesting! Love ya...Mom

Becky said...

I hope you all had a very Happy EASTER!!!!!

Becky said...

I hope you all had a very Happy EASTER!!!!!