Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Savannah Slideshow

I had a FABULOUS time in Savannah with my mom, sister and the Edwards' ladies. It started off rocky - our flight was to leave Houston at 6am Friday morning. Sarah's phone rang at 3am while I was in the shower saying that our flight had been cancelled. After about an hour of dealing with Delta, she finally got us rebooked on a Continental flight, but we wouldn't be leaving until about noon. Our Friday plans in Savannah were shot. After being tagged as "special" at the airport, we got the pat-down and finally got to board the plane. We finally got to Savannah around 7pm sometime. Exhausted - but excited - we checked into our hotel and went out to find something to eat. We had some "traditional" Savannah food - fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, crab chowder and SWEET tea. Man, when they say "sweet" tea - they really mean it there. Being the Texas girl that I am, I thought I could handle it, but it was practically syrup in some places. Saturday was filled with walking, eating, looking at homes and more eating. We still didn't make it in to Paula Deen's restaurant, but we found a super sweet girl at lunch that gave us some "insider" info. Apparently, first dibs on reservations go to the locals, so you just need to find a phone number to use and call in your table. Easy peasy. We did get to eat dinner at an AMAZING restaurant Saturday night - the Old Pink House. Delicious. On Sunday, we had breakfast and strolled down River Street before heading to Paula Deen's. I must say that was the best fried chicken ever. Everything else was pretty dang good, too.

I could go on and on boring you with all of the details of our trip. However, what I found most charming about Savannah was the scenery, so I'll let the slideshow do the talking for me.

Thanks, Mrs. Edwards, for the idea. Thanks, Sarah, for the great planning. Thanks, twins, for the wonderful company. And BIG thanks, Mom, for making the trip possible. I had a great time!

0 comments: