Monday, October 8, 2007

My favorite (and least favorite) things...


MY FAVORITE THINGS:
1. Nancy.
My garage sale was Saturday. Even though I woke up to rain, I held on to hope and went ahead and set up an hour late when the skies cleared. Things were looking good. Nancy came over after she got off of work at noon and even brought me the extra dollar bills I called and asked her for. She was here for about 30 minutes before the sky literally opened up. I don't know what I would have done if she wasn't here to help me out. I think we managed to save most of my stuff, but to say that we were soaked afterwards would be a gross understatement. Unfortunately, she's about half the size of me, so I had to send her home in the smallest t-shirt I could find and a towel. I'm still trying to dry everything out and pack it away.
2. Living close to "home".
I love that I live close enough to Mom and Ben that weekend trips can be "quick". Mom came over to pick up the boys Friday after she got off of work and kept them while I attempted to have the garage sale. I went and picked them up yesterday. Love that.
3. My husband.
Even though he had to work Saturday, he still helped me out as much as he could. He went in a little late Saturday morning to help me set up. Yesterday, he helped me get things cleaned up and organized in the garage. He even let me sell his PlayStation 2 (of course, that means a new game system is on the "wish list" now).
4. My washer and dryer.
Yep. Those two are getting a lot of love recently. I think that goes without explanation.
5. Papa John's Roma Meats pizza.
Yeah, I know that pizza isn't exactly in the "healthy" category, but I was just much too tired to even think about cooking dinner Saturday night. Chris and I decided to try this new specialty pizza. YUM. Spicy Italian Sausage, Italian Salami, fresh Roma tomatoes and Italian herbs sprinkled on top. Probably gained 5 pounds back that night...

MY LEAST FAVORITE THINGS:
1. Rain.
Well, when it interrupts my plans. Not only did we have to frantically load everything back into the house, but my phone got wet. I had taken off my canvas apron (a tool belt) and set it down in my lawn chair shortly before the rain started. My cell phone was in the belt. I didn't think it got that wet, but evidently it did. It's showing some signs of life, but if it still isn't working tomorrow I will be praying to the Verizon gods that the insurance covers water damage. If you are trying to call me, this is why I'm not answering. Please be patient - your call is important and will be answered in the order it was received.
2. Kids growing up too fast.
Yes, I know it's inevitable. Losing two teeth at 4 years and 9 months was one thing, but Caleb seems to be aging by the day. He's starting to like the "ugly" toys - well, they are ugly in *my* eyes. However, the biggest blow came when we were watching a little tv the other day. "Thomas and Friends" came on. You know how much Caleb loooovvveeesss Thomas. Well, he looked at me and said, "Mom, can we change the channel? Thomas is boooorrring." I almost cried. He also wants to take the Thomas sheets off of his bed and get rid of the decorations in his room. I've been informed that he wants a "superheroes" room. One glimmer of hope - he played trains all weekend at Nana and Pop's house.

0 comments: