Tuesday, January 29, 2008

HALLELUJAH!!!

Cole finally slept in his bed all night last night!!! He came crawling in our bed at about 7:30, but we were already waking up at that point (Chris didn't go to work until 10 today), so it was all good. I can't tell you how much better I slept last night!!!

So did I tell y'all about the Gann Weight Loss Challenge? Well, we started yesterday. We have challenged each other to see who can lose the most weight (safely) from now until the end of March. The prize is $500 of Chris' bonus money to do whatever we want. The last weigh-in is my birthday. For the record, I will weigh-in and walk straight to the cake. LOL. So, we did what we jokingly called "fat-loading" all weekend. We ate whatever we wanted and didn't feel guilty about it. Okay, so the bacon cheeseburgers and homemade french fries *tasted* good, but I was pretty miserable afterwards. Anyway. Challenge Day #1 was pretty successful. I won't post our numbers here because it's pretty embarrassing. We both got our exercise in and ate healthy, though. The only problem is I don't think we got *enough* calories. How logical is that? You try to lose weight, but need to eat more??? HUH? We have three more big hurdles this week - Olive Garden Thursday night for Petrash's birthday, Saturday night on the town for Stefan's birthday and then SuperBowl Sunday. Wish me luck...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to make sure and do it like Biggest Looser and do weight loss % because guys can ALWAYS drop more pounds than we can, and they hardly even try...so much fun being a girl!

Anonymous said...

You "Gann" do it! And ditto to Jan's suggestion. Mom

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I wonder if John would give me $500 to start walking. Margaret