Thursday, January 10, 2008

Is there a doctor in the house?

So, the "winter bug" has passed through our house. Everyone except Caleb seems to have a touch of it. Actually, this is the first time Cole has been really sick. Pretty good since we are closing in on 19 months. I took him to the doctor last Friday and he had the "beginnings" of all sorts - bronchitis, sinus infection and ear infections in each ear. After enduring the craziness of tracking down medications for him (that's a whole 'nother story in itself), he finally seems to be doing better. Chris and I are feeling good, but we all just have that nasty cough that seems to be hanging on.

Monday night, I went out to get the rest of Cole's prescriptions (the pharmacy was running low on Friday so they only gave us enough to make it through the weekend before their next shipment came in). Chris stayed at home with the boys. Of course, that meant that Cole got to watch his daddy and brother play Wii. I guess he got pretty tired...



Okay, so I thought about it and figured I would just go ahead and show the world my freak-ness. Maybe someone has an idea as to what this is. Don't make fun of me, 'mm-kay? So, Tuesday morning, I'm brushing my teeth and glance in the mirror. I have this blackish spot under my eye and pretty much assume that I didn't take my mascara off well the night before. I walk away rubbing my eye and don't think about it again. Yesterday, I get up and the spot is still there (obviously I don't look at myself in the mirror very often, huh?). I decide to actually make an attempt at scrubbing it off...it won't come off. After closer examination, it's kinda brownish-red. There's no swelling, no texture, exponential growth or foul smell to it. ;) It really doesn't bother me until I start talking to someone and realize that they are staring at me like I'm a walking freak of nature. Chris thinks it's a bruise or busted blood vessel or something. Sarah told me that I'm just a freak. And my mom tells me that she thinks I should seek medical attention. I think I'll give it a few days and see what happens. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it does look like a blood vessel or something, I agree you probably need to have it looked at.

Misty said...

I think a blood vessel too. I would wait a few days then have it looked at if it doesn't get bettar.

Anonymous said...

Just get the rest of your eye tatooed black and you'll have permanent eye liner. I've always wanted that. Margaret

Andrea said...

I think it's a blood vessel too. I would wait a couple of days and see if it clears up. If it doesn't I would definitely go get it checked out.