Friday, January 25, 2008

A moment of bliss...

The past few weeks have been stressful when it comes to peace and sleep around our house. No one around here really likes the cold or the rain, so it's been a challenge to get outside and do anything. Result? Momma and two boys going stir-crazy. Sleep has been another issue. Evidently, Cole is going through some major separation anxiety issues right now. He absolutely CAN NOT stand being away from me. Fun, no? Seriously, you try peeing with a toddler crawling on your lap. Sorry for that visual, but I'm just sayin'. We took the crib down for fear that Cole would break something since he decided to climb out every night anyways. Sounds a little redneck-ish, but until we save up a little more money to buy another bed, Cole's crib mattress is on the floor. Once we wrestle him down and get him to sleep, he'll stay there for four to five hours before he runs down the hallway to our bed. Even naps have been a struggle this week. He literally wouldn't take one unless I was holding him. I keep trying to remind myself that these days are numbered. This is just a phase. Plus, he's my last baby...I should cherish these moments when he wants nothing more than to curl up in my lap, right? Sometimes it's hard to remember that.

Okay, so long story to lead up to my few moments of bliss yesterday. Remember my little line from last week, "shopping always makes everything better"? Well, that's exactly what we did ALL DAY yesterday. Okay, so it was for normal stuff like groceries and picking up some more supplies for the scrapbook I'm making right now, but we were gone all day. We went home, unloaded groceries, and headed back out again. Finally, after Caleb had the melt-down in Target because I wouldn't buy him a $7 ColorWonder book that he'd already finished before, I decided maybe we should go home for good. Within thirty minutes, things were peaceful and quiet and wonderful....

Caleb was on the computer, playing games...


Cole miraculously fell asleep (on his own!) on the floor...


and I scrapped away! (this is a "sneak peek" of the baby girl album I'm working on)


Bliss I tell 'ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah for the joys of motherhood! These stress filled days will pass and be replaced with a different type of stress. (isn't that encouraging). It's great that you can relieve your stress with creativity. Saturday is supposed to be a better day--maybe you can get outside at the park and ride bikes--it is supposed to be in the 60's. Love ya....Mom

Jan said...

Enjoy Cole wanting to cuddle, JR has never wanted to cuddle in his whole life...I'm determined to have at least one cuddler. Isn't the computer a God send for Caleb and JR's age!

Anonymous said...

I love those melt downs when they're happening to somebody else. I'm proud to always remember it's "not just me!" margaret