Friday, December 7, 2007

This week at our house...

You know, I've come to realize that I missed out on a lot of Caleb's life when he was a baby. Dropping him off at the babysitter at 6am and not picking him up until almost 5pm some days didn't really leave a lot of time for us in the evenings. I think Cole is trying to make up for that lost time and showing me all of the fun stuff I might have missed. He's really learning how to push my buttons!!! Let me give you a recent example:


This is how I found Cole the other night. I was doing some laundry and Chris was on the computer. I came back into the living room and realized it was just too quiet. I quickly looked around the house for Cole and finally found him in our bathroom. He did this with no assistance. For those of you that haven't been to our house, let me tell you the only possible way he could have gotten in our sink....
1. Climb on toilet
2. Reach over to cabinet to hold on while you balance yourself on the toilet paper holder
3. Climb on over and into the sink!
Doesn't he look remorseful? Let me also mention that everything in my bathroom has a slick surface and the child was wearing socks...

Caleb made his gingerbread tree this week. I'm extremely proud of myself for not trying to take over and just let him create it in any way he wanted. He really wanted the train, but we do that at Nana's house each year, so I convinced him to try the tree. Please note the Transformers that helped him - Bumblebee and Soundwave. For your viewing pleasure:


My friend, Nancy, emailed me Wednesday asking if she needed to bring anything this weekend. Ummm...maybe? What's this weekend? I quickly called Chris. "Oh yeah, I need to talk to you about something," he said. We are hosting a "girlfriend dinner" at our house tomorrow night...much to my surprise. See, one of our last single friends, John, has been dating "ICan'tRememberHerName" for a while. "ICan'tRememberHerName" lives in San Antonio, so not many of us have really met her. Hopefully I'll remember her name before then.

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who prayed, crossed their fingers and did tribal dances for us this week. CHRIS GOT THE JOB!!! After Christmas, his work commute will be much much much less than it is now! Yay! Now I have to go over and check out this store...never been to it before.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Something tells me that Cole isn't going to be making gingerbread trees...no matter how many Transformers help him! ;-) Congrats Chris on the job! I know y'all are thrilled, that is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Caleb--your tree looks great. And Cole looks very proud of himself. I was looking forward to seeing that photo.
Love ya Mom