Friday, December 14, 2007

30 Years in 30 Weeks - editions 14 & 15

I guess I still haven't "caught up" since Thanksgiving week and this has been another crazy week, so you get two 30 in 30 editions in one today.



This picture was taken on the last day of 8th grade. I'm sitting between my friend, Holly, and Charles. The cutie on my lap is my friend Angela's little brother, BW. Toughest little guy ever. Watching little BW fight through his cancer taught us young teenage girls a lot about life...and death. This just reminds me of how wonderful it was to grow up in Shepherd. I remember when BW passed (we were in High School), Mr. Shaw (our principal) stopped the entire pep rally to have a moment of silence for their family. Think that would happen in a bigger school? Nope.



This picture was taken during the Spring of my Freshman year (shortly after I got my braces off!) while at DisneyWorld for band trip/contest. I switched from trumpet to baritone that school year. Do you know what the inside of your bottom lip looks like when playing a trumpet with braces? Hamburger meat. Raw hamburger meat.

L to R: Me, Tiffany, Angela, Jennifer, Bonnie, Jill. Obviously, we all took advantage of being away from our parents and wore our short-shorts out in public. Pales in comparison to what a lot of Freshmen today would do, huh?

0 comments: