Saturday, December 1, 2007

More Christmas Decorations and a Scrapbook Page

Well, I finally got around to decorating the top of my refrigerator with something festive. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but I found these cute patterns for miniature houses from Better Homes & Gardens (they had some in last December's edition also - see...keeping mags HAS paid off!). I made one, stuck it in a jar with some glitter, added a Christmas rub-on and - TA DA! My new favorite decoration. And, since Cole thinks glass ornaments are balls, I added a few in a glass cylinder and threw my silver glitter "trees" up there, too. I like how it all turned out. Kinda kitschy-retro if you will.




Also, here's a scrapbook page I did today for a contest on Andrea's sketch blog. Love this pic that Jan sent me from JR's birthday party earlier this year! For those interested, the paper is by My Mind's Eye. I added touches of SU! Crystal Effects to resemble water droplets on each of the scallops, clear buttons, clear rhinestones, Quickutz paisley and splat die-cuts...oh and chocolate velvet ribbon - just because I love brown right now.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the jar! What a cute way to display a festive Christmas house. And I like the scrapbook page too. But I am most impressed with the decorations on top of the refrigerator--Cole can't reach those! Love ya...Mom

Andrea said...

So cute! Love those rhinestones!

Oh and those decorations are cute! I never decorate. Don't have the touch! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you make everything, you need to start letting Hobby Lobby carry your "merchandise".