Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm back!

...but without pictures. Our computer decided to poop out on us, so I'm blogging on our new one. I don't have my picture program loaded yet, so this will be a picture-free area for the time being. Chris' time off went great. We got several things accomplished and even had a little fun. A few highlights...
~we found a really nice guy to be "our" mechanic. Much cheaper than going to a big-name shop and he's super nice and local.
~visited the rainforest. Okay, it was the Rainforest Pyramid at Moody Gardens down in Galveston. Cheap, close and pretty to look at. I would also comment on humid and hot, but - let's get real - is that any different than Houston summers anyway?
~got family haircuts. (are you excited?)
~Chris and Caleb went to see "Hancock" together. Report is Caleb is much too talkative and frequents the bathroom too many times for the movie theater.
~finally celebrated Nancy's birthday (albeit late...and on the 4th of July).
~got to cuddle a sweet newborn baby girl. Miss Kayla was born on July 1st!!!
~got some craftiness done.
~signed my job acceptance letter.
~Caleb lost a top tooth (that's FIVE for those of you counting at home)
~got a new lawn-mower (out of necessity, since our old one died in the middle of our front yard - poo...less money for fun stuff)
~Cole got stung by a wasp (on the hiney, no less) and survived!

and, finally, today we got to spend a day with my well-travelled mom. We spent the day doing a little shopping/looking around. The best part was the bag full of fresh tomatoes she brought me from Uncle John and Aunt Margaret's house (thank you UJ/AM)! Even tried out the gelatto place in town (sorry, Sarah) - yum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sta-cation was very productive and some fun too. I know your faithful blogging buddies will be anxious to see the pix of Caleb sans the top front tooth! I enjoyed the day! Love ya..Mom/Nana

Anonymous said...

Poor Cole, Wasp stings hurt so much, Margaret

Jan said...

Oh my goodness, when you said you got a new lawn-mower because the old one died in the front yard I thought you meant a person!!! Then I re-read and understood, the actual lawn mower died...not a person mowing the lawn!

Kristi said...

yeah...an actual PERSON dying in my front yard might be little more traumatic...and deserving of more than a sentence fragment. LOL!