Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Favorites 7/11

This smile...

Really. How cute is he? I mentioned last night that this is Caleb's FIFTH tooth to lose. Can you believe it? He's only FIVE! The other top tooth is also loose, but it will probably still be a while...he's not a fan of wiggling them or letting us even get close very often. For about a week, all we heard was, "I think I'm just going to wait for it to fall out." Eating and toothbrushing had become quite the chore!

My next two favorites are my latest addictions - The Next Food Network Star and Design Star. Ugh. How do I get sucked into these shows? I started watching NFNS at Mom's several weeks ago and then we happened to catch the Design Star marathon on the 4th and now both have their designated spots on our DVR. Chris even watches. Okay, so he sits at the computer during NFNS (which has full view of the TV) and pretends to not watch...but I've seen him. I know his secrets... He DOES actively watch Design Star, though.
Anyway, for what it's worth, here are my predictions...
NFNS - I'm thinking Aaron might be the winner. I like him...now. He really has come around in the last few weeks. Adam is fun to watch on camera, but he acted like a goof for far too long and hasn't really shown that he can cook well. I guess that can be learned, though. Kelsy is sooo young and it shows. Lisa, well, I *wanted* to like her, but I just can't. She lost points with me a few weeks ago when she commented on messing up her $300 blouse while cooking. Seriously. Why are you cooking with that on? Then, last week she really pushed the envelope with the steak and horseradish sauce with couscous for her Brownie Girl Scout. Really? I won't even mention the disaster of a "guest shot" she had on the Rachael Ray show.
Design Star - Ummm...well...I'm watching it even though I've been underwhelmed with the "talent" so far. I think Mikey V. has the best shot at winning, though. All I know is, barring some disaster, Tracee will go next. She has been lucky that someone was worse than her in previous weeks. Sliding by...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the pictures are back. The tooth fairy has been busy . I've always heard, " Good readers lose their teeth early." But then, so do good fighters. From one who has taught both (readers and fighters).

Anonymous said...

I don't watch any of those shows...we don't have DVR or TiVo so I have to pick and choose...sigh