Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Interview done

Okay, so I didn't actually tell many people that I was going to an interview...well, I didn't even tell many that I had applied! We've been thinking about it a lot over the past few months. And, as sad as it makes me to not stay at home with the kids anymore, I'm pretty grateful for the time I did get. And, realistically, it's the right thing to do for our family right now. I won't say it has been an easy decision emotionally, but it is financially. Anyway... Last week, I found an opening for a Family & Consumer Science teacher in CCISD (the same district I left when Cole was born). I finally got in touch with someone who could reset my password so I could actually access the application and got that stuff done late last week. Monday morning, I got a phone call asking if I could come interview today. Yep. Did the morning interview with the campus principal and it went fantastic. She told me that she wanted me to meet with the district Career & Technology Director (the person over ALL of the Career and Technology programs in CCISD), and could I do it this afternoon? Well, okay. (Sorry Chris...you'll be exhausted tonight!) So I did that and it went fantastic, as well. Evidently, the principal wants to make a decision by THIS Friday, so I should know something soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're on your way. They'll be lucky to get you. Margaret

Jan said...

Sounds like you've got the job to me!

Marie said...

Hi Kristi-
Found you over on Kelci's Blog...small world, huh? You're right-looks like we are very close to each other! What school district did you apply to? (not sure what CCISD is...)