Friday, June 6, 2008

I DO have a brain!

The CT Scan proved it! Okay, so I saw Dr. Blum this afternoon. He had me describe "the" headache and compare it to what a migraine feels like. I then did a bunch of physical tests and even took me in the hallway to do a test that looked similar to the drunk driving test...without being on the side of the road. Long story short, he gave me a prescription for my migraines and also diagnosed me with "thunder-clap" headaches. Thunder-clap headaches may (or may not) be a pre-cursor to an aneurysm...but there is no predicting that. It may never happen again. I had the CT scan to make sure that there wasn't any bleeding. Thank GOD there wasn't. Thank you to everyone that said a prayer, crossed their fingers or did a tribal dance for me today. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad you got a prescription, but I cringe at the word, aneurysm. for any decendent of the Wiggins family. Margaret

Kelci said...

I was thinking about you all day Kristi and am glad you got some answers. Did he tell you what to do if you get another one? And he didn't put you on Topamax, did he?

Kristi said...

Kelci - he gave me Maxalt. Never heard of it, myself, but he said he liked it for his own migraines. We'll see. And regarding another thunder-clap...I just better get myself to the hospital quick.

Aunt Margaret - I know...I cringe at that word, too. That's a major reason I went.

Jan said...

Oh goodness, I'm glad you're seeing a doctor, I have to agree with you and Mama on that cringe worthy word!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Many prayers went up on this one! We are thanking God that it was JUST a "thunder clap". And hopefully it was the "once in a lifetime" event.
Love you...Mom