Friday, November 2, 2007

30 Years in 30 Weeks - editions 8 & 9

The Christmas before I turned 7 years old, my mom and step-mom were both pregnant. Mrs. Kenyon, my first grade teacher whom everyone thought was a witch because she had a mole on her nose, had us write letters to Santa. I asked him for a baby brother. Well, guess what? Lindsey was born in January and Sarah was born in June. Yep, two sisters. Santa must have known what he was doing, though - they're pretty cool girls!

Fast forward to Halloween of '85. My mom made me a Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) costume that I absolutely LOVED. To date, it's probably the costume I remember the most. You can't see in the picture, but I had the red shoes and even carried a basket with "Toto" in it. And isn't Sarah the cutest little pumpkin you've ever seen? The scary gorilla-guy sitting next to us lived behind us in Porter. I think his name was Joseph. The Palermo's were pretty neat. Both of their kids were considerably older, but never did mind playing with me. They had a bird and a Boston Terrier. I always thought that was the ugliest dog ever. It's bug-eyes always seemed creepy to me. Naturally, Chris LOVES Boston Terriers and his parents have owned a few. I'm 99.984% shocked that we haven't owned one yet.




Since I'm playing "catch-up" this week, here's a lovely picture from 1986. I'm sure this was our Easter picture. This one always cracks me up. Notice the poofy-half-permed hair on my head. My hair never has liked to hold a curl! Sarah's hair (which isn't much) just won't lay down and I think she looks almost owl-like, but cuter. Kudos to Mom for the cute pink dresses...the only saving grace to this picture.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And dont you ever forget that you have the 2 COOLEST sisters EVER!!!!
Lindsey