Tuesday, August 21, 2007

TA DA!!! My very first blog post....

Alrighty, y'all...here it is. My little ol' bloggity blog. I'm not 100% sure why I just decided to start this thing up. I've been reading a few blogs here and there lately and decided it might be neat. So, here's what you'll be seeing here...

  • some recent pics of my kids
  • the glamorous, behind-the-scenes details of my exciting life
  • some of the creative stuff I do - scrapbooks, cards, little projects here and there

But, I came up with something for *me* to add here, too. Something I've been pondering on for a while and I'm actually very excited about. Some of you know that Chris' birthday is next week (the 31st) - he'll be 29. I'm EXACTLY 5 months older than him. I'm actually looking forward to the BIG 3-0. I'm looking at it as a "fresh start". I've had a lot of blessings in my 20s (my marriage, a healthy life, awesome family, great friends, my precious children, etc.), but there have been more than a few "bumps" along the way. I'm ready to turn the corner and get past those things. I've always kinda felt older than my real age anyway. So, starting in September, I will be launching Kristi's 30 Years in 30 Weeks Countdown. (like how I threw "launching" in there like this is some big corporate event or something?) That's right - each week until my birthday (March 31st for those of you not paying attention), I'll be posting a pic of lil' ol' me and share some memories along the way. See, my plan is to someday put all of these memories together in a scrapbook....it might take until I'm 40 to do it, but at least all of the ideas will be together in one spot, right? Ah...maybe the scrapbook fairy will come along and do it for me. Well, unless she's related to that housekeeping fairy...I've gotta fire that girl!

Okay, so that's about it for my debut...I hope many of you will come back to read, giggle and share with me. Unless you laugh at me and point fingers...

PS - Mom, I'm digging through your pics this weekend.

7 comments:

Shanna (aka sjl202) said...

This is going to be a great Blog! I can't wait to read it each week! :)

Becky said...

What an excellent idea! I can't wait to pop in each week and see how it's going!
xob

Anonymous said...

How do you find time for this and 2 kids? You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

you crazy sister!!! I am going to love reading your blog....I am also super excited about the 20 weeks until 20 countdown! Fun!!....Sarah(in case you were wondering)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi--I finally got to read it. Love it. It's a nice way to share those adorable pix with all of us. Keep up the cute work (as always) Love ya...Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! Cool blog! Sharon and I saw it and thought it was pretty cool. Anyway, good luck with it and we'll check it frequently

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol for dogs order tramadol - buy tramadol overnight delivery