Friday, July 31, 2009

Sharing some Crafty...

I posted on Facebook that I had finally finished my 2004 scrapbook and Jan asked if I was going to post some of the pictures here, since her kids have to "viacariously live through their cousins' scrapbooks". LOL! I guess we're even then, her kids look at our scrapbooks while my kids read Jan's blogs and wish they could travel the world like the Ingersoll boys...too funny! ;)

Anyway, I've yet to take pictures of most of the stuff, but here are a few recent things (glad to have that "scrappin' mojo" back!) that just so happen to be my favorites. Okay, so none of it goes in said 2004 scrapbook, but this just further proves why I'm so "behind" on scrapping...I usually just grab a picture that gives me some sort of creative jumping-off point and go from there. Therefore, this is all from 2008-2009!!! Enjoy!

A mini-book for Sarah and Steven (it holds wallet sized photos) made using some left-over wrapping paper from one of her bridal showers:











These pictures are from Caleb's last flag football game last Fall. When it was time for the team captains to go out to meet the other team's captains, Coach Brad had them all line up and walk out together, arm-in-arm. It was tooo cute!



And these last two are from JUNE 2009! I loved the pictures I took of the boys picking berries at the Jett's farm and of the berry tartlets I made from our bounty...they were just BEGGING to be scrapped! They are my absolute favorites right now! (Probably helps that I could play up the colors and add some more feminine touches to these pages...LOL) I put a lot of detail into these pages, so I'm also including some close-ups with descriptions for my scrappy friends to see...





Okay, here are the details...be warned, I'm attempting to go "Scrapbook Geek" on you and throw out some techniques and product names...

On "Together", I used Bohemia blank chipboard numbers that I inked up with brown, copper and white to make it look like old leather and then added a little sparkle with Stickles. I also included a quote written on kraft paper, but I'm a little disappointed that it didn't turn out like I had hoped. I stamped it first using the "Champ" stamp from Stampin' Up!'s "Sporting" set using VersaMark ink and then crumpled it before writing the quote on it. If I squint my eyes and tilt my head, I can see the work I put into that tiny piece of paper...(sigh).



On "The Taste of Summer", I used lots of Glossy Accents, Stickles and sewing notions again. Some of my favorite details include the stick pin in the middle of the large flower that has the date on a tiny little tag and the faux blackberries I stamped that are the background for "of" in the title. The stamps are actually supposed to be hydrangeas, but I triple-stamped them with purple, pink and white craft inks to blur the finer details of the stamp and then added Glossy Accents and/or Stickles. Pretty pleased with how that turned out.





On "So Berry Sweet", I did a lot of distressing, used Glossy Accents on the letters and brads, and even dusted off the sewing machine. Oh, and the bird is a QuicKutz die that I cut from kraft paper and then used aqua and white acrylic paint applied with a crumpled plastic bag. And I know the hummingbird has nothing to do with berries or cooking, but I love it because hummingbirds always remind me of my Grandma so I stuck it on there to make me over-the-top happy! So what if it took me half the day...it makes me smile every time I look at it.



4 comments:

Jan said...

Yeah! And I have no idea what those words you were using mean (I guess that's another reason I just slap pictures in an album) but the pages sure do look pur-ty!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pages! And I am with Jan,you were talking a foreign language to me.
Mom

Anonymous said...

What a lot of work. The pages are really wonderful. Margaret

Unknown said...

Jan is better than me. My pictures are just in boxes sitting in my closet.
clodia