Thursday, July 2, 2009

Date Night with 2 Hot Boys!


Okay, so it's not what you're thinking...but that's about as exciting as my life gets these days, so let me live it up a little! ;) The two boys were my kids, it was pretty dang HOT outside, and we called it a "date" since their daddy was stuck at work (again). Anyway, Heather is a friend of mine from high school. She is married to Josh, who happens to be a Texas singer/songwriter. Imagine my surprise when I got the Friendswood newsletter back in May and saw JOSH WARD listed as part of the Summer Concert in the Park lineup! I've wanted to see his band perform for a while now, but never had a chance to catch one of his concerts. This was perfect for several reasons...

(1) it was right down the road,
(2) it was free,
(3) I could take my kids & not look like an unfit momma (since it wasn't in a bar),
(4) we could take our own food/drinks, and
(5) did I mention it was FREE?

So, we loaded up our sunglasses, snacks, bug spray and water/juice and jumped in the truck. (Caleb was decked out in the most fashionable concert-watching attire...camo shorts, cowboy boots and my crumpled "cowboy" hat that I wear to the lake/river...unfortunately, I don't think I got a picture of that get-up.) Even though the band was stuck singing for the first half of the show with the hot Texas sun blaring in their face, they put on one heck of a show! I'm definitely a fan! Caleb took over the photography duties and actually did a pretty good job! Afterwards, we stayed and chatted for a few minutes with Heather and Josh and he gave each of the boys their own official JOSH WARD BAND t-shirts. Caleb talked for days about how excited he was that "a real cowboy singer gave him a shirt!"

Those boys make a pretty good date.

Enjoy Caleb's pictures and scroll down below for a couple of link's to JOSH WARD BAND. If you like country or Texas music, you won't be sorry!







Links to Josh Ward Band...
http://www.reverbnation.com/joshwardband
http://www.lonestarmusic.com/artists.asp?id=1359
http://lttnews.blogspot.com/
or be his "fan" on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-Ward-Band/44845622900

3 comments:

Jan said...

what a fun time with such cute dates!

Hailey said...

Wait - you're not supposed to take your kids to a bar??? I'm confused! :) lol

Looks like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Those are surely two "Hot boys".
Looks like loads of fun.
Nana