Saturday, January 31, 2009

West Coast Style

Sorry I'm just now getting around to posting pictures from my fabulous trip to the west coast. I had an absolute blast - met some fantastic friends, ate some of the biggest pizza I've ever seen in my life and even got a little scrapbooking done, too! In all, I managed to assemble all of the shower invitations (55 baby and 50 wedding), completed 5 cards, made 7 scrapbook pages and started the felt swap I'm participating in. I can't show you the invitations since I haven't figured out how to effectively blur out the personal information on them, but - trust me - they turned out great. That was the biggest job I had and I'm glad to say that it's over now.












Back to the retreat...Andrea and her sis-in-law, Eva, picked me up in LA Friday morning and we started our journey up to Pismo Beach. We met up with Katrina to eat some famous In-and-Out burgers (I had a cheeseburger "animal style" - yum) and a quick trip in at Joann's and a grocery store for snacks and beverages. I rode the rest of the way with Kat..and, although I think we didn't really follow the directions perfectly, we still managed to get to the beach house faster than we thought we would. I even got to see some vineyards! The California coast is so different...hills (which really look like mountains to me) right next to the beach, clean sand and blue water. A stark comparison to the beach at Galveston for sure! I was so excited to meet all of the girls I've been friends with for the past few years thanks to scrapbooking message boards - Kelci (the hostess), Andrea, Kat, Jen, Shanna, Keeley, and Shana. I even made new friends in Heather and Eva. We stayed up way too late every night, ate way too much junk food, played in the chilly temperatures at the beach and still managed to get a lot of scrapping done. I'm so thankful that Kelci emailed me back in the Fall just to see if I *might* be able to come. It definitely was a trip of a lifetime.







On the way back to LAX on Sunday, Andrea and Eva were kind enough to give me a quick tour of Hollywood. I got to see the Chinese Theatre, ran by the Wax Museum, read a few stars on the Walk of Fame and even got my picture with a Transformer for my boys at home. It was quick, but the 15 minutes and $13 in cheesy souveniers made my trip to California feel complete!




6 comments:

Jan said...

It looks like y'all had a blast! And I know the boys loved the picture of you with the Transformer!

Andrea said...

awesome!!! So glad we were able to meet! I had the BEST time. But, you could've told me to suck it in ;P

Anonymous said...

What a trip! MR

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip. all mommies need a retreat occasionally!and what a lovely place to retreat to!
Love ya...Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip. all mommies need a retreat occasionally!and what a lovely place to retreat to!
Love ya...Mom

KelsyC said...

I'm so jealous! You guys must have had so much fun! Love the new blog background too!