Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So I'm at home...

...with a very sick little boy. I feel like such a horrible mother when I take him to the doctor. He never really complains about anything, but has been a little congested and "clingy" lately. Well, this morning, I thought he felt a little warm and then told me that his ear hurt. All while jumping around, fighting me to avoid getting dressed. Since I will be out of town this weekend, I thought it would be best to go ahead and take him to the doctor today. After I made my quick trip up to the school to run copies for my sub, we went to the doctor where he threw a terrible fit and the doctor confirmed that he has a double ear infection - and the right one is "really, really red". Yeah, he only told me that his LEFT ear hurt. Where do I sign up for negligent parenting classes??? I feel like such a dummy for letting my child get this sick.

So, here we are - sitting at home. I finally got half of his meds in him and he's now sleeping on the sheet-covered couch...'cause I don't want him puking on it. Me? That's okay, I guess. I'm already on my third outfit of the day thanks to that. You really know that motherhood has taken over your life when your child gets sick in the middle of HEB and you immediately stick your hands out to catch it. Nice one, Kristi. And sanitary, too. (Don't worry...there was an HEB associate that evidently has seventeen grandchildren or something that came to my rescue...we got it all cleaned up and sanitized.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. I am so sorry. Hope he's soon better. MR

'

Anonymous said...

Give Cole some extra Nana hugs and kisses.

Jan said...

I felt the same way as you! I took the babies to the doctor last Friday and she almost put them in the hospital. Their oxygen levels were only 84 and 85%. I kept saying, "Oh my goodness! I didn't know they were that sick!" I felt like the worst mom ever!
Poor baby, Cole. Let's hope those meds have him feeling like a new man tomorrow!