Monday, August 4, 2008

Waiting on the storm

Tropical Storm Edouard came from nowhere, it seems. We heard nothing of an impending storm until yesterday afternoon. We aren't evacuating, but some people are acting a little crazy here close to Galveston...long lines at the gas stations, low cash at the banks, etc. Luckily, I bought water yesterday before I even heard about the storm, we have a gas grill in case we need to cook anything and I just changed out the batteries in the flashlights. Chris just left to keep the crazies in order at Wal-Mart tonight. Looks like the boys and I will have an impromptu pajama party in my bedroom tonight while Cassie sleeps in the garage. (Just to clarify to those that don't know, Cassie is our DOG...not a child.) Landfall is estimated for tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. Click here if you are interested in keeping up with the storm's progress.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Poor Chris, Keeping the 'crazies' in order at Walmart would be more than I could bear!
Edwardo update for us: we drove home from SA today and the most rain that ever fell on us was a heavy sprinkle.

Anonymous said...

We got some heavy sprinkles here at Windy Hill, but of course the electricity was out for 8 hours Sunday and 6 hours today. I KNOW what hot is!