Saturday, August 9, 2008

Friends are the best!

So, I've been moping (mope-ing, mopping - no that's not right...whatever) around all week...lamenting every day that I only have "x" number of days left. Chris isn't much in the sympathy department, evidently. BUT. I have to say that I have some very great friends that ARE very sympathetic. We hung out with Stefan and Nancy last night watching baseball/Olympics/Wipeout (have you ever seen that show? hilarious.) and eating Pei Wei take-out. Actually, the guys (and Caleb) went to the driving range, so it was nice to hangout with a girlfriend and just veg out on the couch. Definitely helped to keep my thoughts occupied on something other than going back to work.

Let's backtrack to Thursday. I had just finished watching "Enchanted" (which, by the way is a very cute movie with a gorgeous leading man) and went to put my Netflix envelope in the mailbox. I was surprised to see a big envelope with MY name on it!!! My friend, Kelci, sent me a fabulous messenger style bag with a cute card that said...

Kristi -
Thought you deserved a "sucks you have to go back to work" gift. Hope it lifts your spirits a little.
-Kelci

I totally stole this picture from her blog, since I can't seem to take a better one. Isn't it cute?
I have to admit, I had made it all the way through a movie without crying (yes, this is a huge accomplishment for me), but when I opened that package, I did tear up some. I've *known* Kelci for only a short while...and only online. Some people might call her an "imaginary" friend. But, to me, she's my real friend...even if we haven't ever met in real life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm moping for Pei Wei myself. MR

Jan said...

We love Wipeout! JR says he wants to be on it!

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

What a great gift! I LOVE that bag!

Lacey said...

Love the bag.. Kelci is sooo sweet!!