Saturday, April 18, 2009

Update from Team Clean-up

Okay, guys. It has been a rough day to say the least. Fastest rain I think I've ever seen in my life. It's still lightly raining off and on, but the water is now away from my house, thankfully. In it's climax, the storm brought 2 inches in less than 12 minutes and over 15 inches total in the Friendswood area. And that's just what the news said. The Reynolds blood in me says that it was at least twice that amount at my house. I was so busy cleaning it all up that I *may* have forgotten to feed my kids for an extended period of time. All kidding aside, it was very scary. I did, indeed, kill our little shop-vac. I probably overworked it, but managed to get around 30 gallons of water out of my house before it died. Our neighbor, Mike, was outside in the rain digging a trench between our houses and I really think that helped tremendously. All of our rooms across the back of the house were subjected to the rain waters today. I've gone from too-busy-to-be-emotional, to overly-frustrated to borderline-hysterical over it now. Chris (who was supposed to be enjoying a "de-stress yourself" weekend with his dad and brother) is now on his way home. Calls to our insurance have been made. I'm dirty and exhausted. Will update soon...

5 comments:

Jan said...

Yes, As a Reynolds you must always exaggerate AT LEAST double of what actually happened. We pride ourselves on entertaining stories! But as a Reynolds, you also know there is never enough rain. You have to say, "Well, it came a good shower. But it's so dry, we could've used a lot more" Seriously, Are y'all okay? Do you need anything?

Anonymous said...

Where are men when you need them? Seems to me (from my somewhat recent memory)--if Ben was gone, either with the Park service or even back to the National Guard days--something would break. Guess that is what makes us strong women.
Sorry I was in Corpus Christi and the sunshine when you were getting the storm.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Where are men when you need them? Seems to me (from my somewhat recent memory)--if Ben was gone, either with the Park service or even back to the National Guard days--something would break. Guess that is what makes us strong women.
Sorry I was in Corpus Christi and the sunshine when you were getting the storm.
Mom

Kelci said...

I'm so sorry Kristi. We're thinking about you guys. Just use your insurance money to fly out here for a mini vacation:) Who really needs carpet, right?

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the flooding. Reminds me of our Kingwood days. Cleaning up is the worst. I saw a lot of it on t.v. MR