Sunday, September 28, 2008

Some Post-Ike pictures

I'm slowly starting to return to "normal" after all of the Post-Ike chaos. Although things are starting to look up around here, we still have the constant reminder of the storm when we look at the piles of "large debris" that still clutter our streets and the pockets of neighborhoods that are STILL without power. Football games have started again (both Caleb's and high school). I actually drove down to Texas City at Hwy. 146 the other day and really wish I would have taken the camera with me. Boats, jet-skis, furniture and large trash are just pushed aside on the interstate. STILL. It's really a sad sight...to know that homes were utterly destroyed and lives were changed forever. School starts back on Monday, so that will help things a lot. I was uploading pictures earlier, so I thought I would share what we saw on our return home after the storm. Obviously, these don't even touch on the devastation south of us. For those of you local, Chris started taking pictures (I was driving at this point) at Hwy. 90 and Beltway 8 - as that was where we started to see the most damage.



At FM 2351 - coming in to Friendswood from I-45:

Waiting in line for gas in our neighborhood:




Our neighbor's tree - it damaged their patio cover, but spared the home:

Our back fence laying on the ground (day care fence still standing some 3 feet away)- thank GOD that was the worst of our damage:


And here are the boys enjoying some fine hurricane cuisine - barbequed spaghettios by flashlight. Sorry for the "redneck-ness" of this picture, but remember we had no electricity and that cool front hadn't quite hit us yet...

4 comments:

Jan said...

Eating without a shirt on is certainly not "redneck-ness". JR whips off his shirt the second he walks in the door, we prefer to call it "McConaughey-ness" ;-) I'm glad you took the pictures! We finally got power on Friday so I am ready to get back to normal!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you didn't suffer major damage. Being w/o electricity is like being in jail. MR

Anonymous said...

I think the boys enjoyed the camping adventure of no electricity. I know they enjoyed the "flashlights". Camp fire spaghetti-os--how fun!
I bet if you had a picture with you and Chris in it, you wouldn't look as happy as the boys!
Aren't we glad it's over!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?